| Last Updated:
Creating DOI. Please wait...
Here, we provide you with additional materials (including data and R codes) to the following article:
Humberg, S., Dufner, M., Schönbrodt, F. D., Geukes, K., Hutteman, R., Küfner, A. C. P., van Zalk, M. H. W., Denissen, J. J. A., Nestler, S., & Back, M. D. (2019). Is accurate, positive, or inflated self-perception most advantageous for psychological adjustment? A competitive test of key hypotheses. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 116(5), 835–859. doi:10.1037/pspp0000204
The folder "Additional OSF materials" contains
- detailed result tables for the model comparison analyses (OSF Material 1),
- detailed description of the assessment of all variables of interest in the five studies (OSF Material 2),
- descriptive statistics of all variables used in the analyses and internal consistencies of the outcome categories (OSF Material 3),
- the description of additional analyses for achievement outcomes (OSF Material 4),
- information on the nesting of the models in the initial model set (OSF Material 5),
- the results of model comparison analyses conducted within the single studies (OSF Material 6),
- the parameter estimates and graphs of the full polynomial models for all analyses (OSF Material 7),
- a comparison of the results obtained with AIC model evaluation to respective analyses using BIC (OSF Material 8; additional analysis due to a reviewer's question),
- a comparison of results obtained with the strict information-theoretic approach to analyses using AIC confidence intervals (OSF Material 9; additional analysis due to a reviewer's question),
- and the results of model comparison analyses applying a more conservative outlier treatment (OSF Material 10; additional analysis due to a reviewer's question).
The folder "Open data, open code, research transparency" contains
- all data and R code needed to reproduce the analyses reported in the manuscript; Researchers interested in reproducing our results are adviced to first consider the file "0_README_Rcode.txt", which contains an overview of the data and R code files.
- additional information on the five studies that were used; Researchers interested in additional information on the studies or in information required for the 21 word solution are adviced to start with the file "0_Open_Science_Table.xlsx".
GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL) 2.1