Main content



Loading wiki pages...

Wiki Version:
Scripts and data files for the Proactive Selective Suppression task Create a folder called 'scripts' and download all the MATLAB scripts (.m files) in there. The behavioral data is in Unzip the file inside the scripts folder. Create a folder called 'data' inside the scripts folder and unzip all the data files (,,, in the same. The scripts use two sets for EEG data files for the analysis, which is inside the file. One is named ‘sbjXX_fts_filt_pre_chan.set’, which is the file after pre-processing but before the noisy channel rejection and the manual stretch rejection steps. This is used for identifying events and markers during the entire task. The second dataset is the ‘sbjXX_fts_filt_rej.set’ which is the dataset after channel and manual stretch rejection. There are three scripts which are needed to produce the results seen in the paper. All the scripts were run in MATLAB R2016b. The EEGLAB version used was 14_1_1b which is also provided as a file (must also be unzipped inside the scripts folder). Fieldtrip toolbox is also needed for generating the group level ERSP maps, provided as and also needs to be inside the scripts folder. 1. GED_power_behavior_analysis.m: This scripts runs the frequency-specific generalized eigenvalue decomposition (GED), to get the sensorimotor spatial filters for both Maybe stop left vs Maybe stop right (a right spatial filter) and Maybe Stop right vs Maybe Stop left (a left spatial filter). The lines to change for doing GED for MSL vs MSR (for getting right sensorimotor components) or MSR vs MSL (for getting left sensorimotor components) are 129 and 130. We can visualize the filter forward model for each of the spatial filter. The script also computes the power time series for both the MSL and MSR trials. It also computes the correlation between the mean beta power and the probe alt RTs and go cue RTs. The MATLAB cell labelled ‘Power time series and Trial level changes in beta power vs Relationship to Probe RTs and GO cue RTs’ generates the power time series for each subject and the relationship to the go and probe RTs. Generates plots seen in Figure 4B. The MATLAB cell labelled ‘Power time course for all subjects combined’ generates the plot seen in Figure 3C and 3D. 2. GED_xValid_leave_in_out.m: This scripts performs the leave in out cross validation on the selected filters. The data is split into 90% train and 10% test and then the GED is performed on the 90% of the data and tested on the remaining 10%. The validated spatial filter is selected based on the spatial correlation to the original filter selected. It plots the validated power time course for all subjects. It generates the plot seen in Figure 3E and 3F. 3. GED_ersps.m: This script runs the event-related spectral perturbations for the maybe stop and the go trials for either the left or the right spatial filters. It uses EEGLAB function newtimef.m to generate the individual subject ERSPs. It also computes the group significance FDR corrected maps using the fieldtrip toolbox. It generates the plots seen in Figure 5.
OSF does not support the use of Internet Explorer. For optimal performance, please switch to another browser.
This website relies on cookies to help provide a better user experience. By clicking Accept or continuing to use the site, you agree. For more information, see our Privacy Policy and information on cookie use.

Start managing your projects on the OSF today.

Free and easy to use, the Open Science Framework supports the entire research lifecycle: planning, execution, reporting, archiving, and discovery.