**Supplements to manuscript**
Click "[Read More]" for a curated list of files.
**Full materials packets and instructions distributed to labs:**
- [Author-Advised Materials] - Materials packets distributed to labs randomized to the "Author-Advised" condition.
- [In-House Materials] - Materials packets distributed to labs randomized to the "In House" condition.
**Individual included scales (also in the above full packets)**
- [Personality Inventory] (included as distractor)
- [Personal Need for Structure Scale] (included as distractor)
- [Morningness Eveningness Questionnaire] (included as filler between ms/control manipulation and DV)
- [Demographics collected] (only in Author-Advised version)
**Other documents and analyses**
- [Results from originally pre-registered analyses]. These are results using the three-level MetaSem. These results are near identical to those in the paper, but are technically invalid due to an OpenMX status1: 5 error (we did not have enough data within the 'location' clusters to run this analysis).
- Summary statistics per lab: [Excl Set 1], [Excl Set 2], [Excl Set 3].
- [Lab Recruitment.docx] - More detail on how labs were recruited.
- [Experimenter survey] (asking questions about the replication teams)
- [Supplemental Analyses] including analyzing the pro- and anti- essay authors separately.
- [supplement_nokansas_nobyui.txt] reports analyses excluding two sites where the ms condition reported lower sadness than the tv condition (an odd finding, but possibly explained by simple sampling variance). These analyses confirm the inclusion/exclusion of these two sites has virtually no impact on results. (file housed on GitHub)