Data and analysis code for the paper:
**Location-independent feature binding in visual working memory for sequentially presented objects. Schneegans S, Harrison WJ & Bays PM. *Attention, Perception & Psychophysics* 2021 Apr 16. doi:10.3758/s13414-021-02245-w (2021)**
#### Data ####
Data for both experiments is saved in tables experiment1 and experiment2 in the Matlab data file `allData.mat`, and data for each experiment is also saved in a separate csv file. The trials for each participant are arranged in the order they were collected.
The tables and csv files contain the following columns:
- `subject` - subject ID
- `block` - block of trials within each experimental condition
- `longISI` - true if inter-stimulus interval was long (600 ms), false otherwise
- `sameLocation` - true if all items within a trial were presented at the same location, false otherwise
- `responseValue` - participants' response (orientation in range [-pi/2, pi/2) for experiment 1, color angle in CIELab space in range [-pi, pi) for experiment 2)
- `targetValue` - actual feature value of the cued item (same format as responseValue)
- `targetIndex` - ordinal position of the cued item within a trial
- `itemReportValues` - orientations or colors of all sample items
- `itemCueValues` - indices of categorical cue features of all sample items (experiment 1: 1 - red, 2 - green, 3 - blue, 4 - yellow; experiment 2: 1 - circle, 2 - triangle, 3 - square, 4 - pentagon)
- `itemAngularLocations` - angular locations of all sample items on a circle, range [-pi, pi)
#### Analysis code ####
Matlab code for analyzing data and creating all figures from the paper and the supplementary information is provided in the file `analysis.m`. Choose Experiment 1 or 2 at the start of the file and run the script to produce the figures. The script can also save results as csv files (`stats_expX.csv` and `distanceEffects_expX.csv`) for statistical analysis in JASP (code at the end of the file). All auxiliary functions used in the script are provided, most of them are taken from the bayslab toolbox (https://bayslab.com/toolbox/index.php).
#### Statistical analysis ####
Statistical analyses were performed in `JASP 0.14.0.0`. The files `stats_expX.jasp` and `distanceEffects_expX.jasp` contain all Bayesian tests reported in the paper and the supplementary information.