The [OPEN (Open Project Engagement Network) Incubator](https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/open-incubator) is a research development program designed to advance a project from idea to proof-of-concept. Facilitators from the NC State University Libraries guide participants (such as professors and graduate students) through a cohort-based collaborative experience that introduces open research principles and offers strategies for participants to apply those principles to produce research outputs that are FAIR — Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable.
The OPEN Incubator began its first cohort in Summer 2019. The second cohort, in Spring 2020, added a team of librarians as co-facilitators, and was conducted entirely online due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The third cohort, Fall 2020, was focused specifically on text analysis projects.
Contributors and roles are outlined in the [Contributors file](https://osf.io/spkz9/wiki/Contributors/).
**This repository includes materials to use for adapting and implementing a research development incubator program.**
### 1. Planning
[Tips for setting up this program]
### 2. Running
* [Generic Curriculum](https://osf.io/3v65s/wiki/Curriculum/)
* [Sample collaborative notes/schedule document](https://osf.io/qayp8/)
Sample curricula from NC State incubators:
* [Ssn I snapshot](https://osf.io/vsq2k/)
* [Ssn II snapshot](https://osf.io/nez79/)
* [Ssn III snapshot](https://osf.io/ys56k/)
[Lesson Plans] for the following topics:
- [Open Principles and Practices](https://osf.io/2qc4b/)
- [Tools and Workflows](https://osf.io/7fxn6/)
- [Communicating Research](https://osf.io/5mh97/)
- [Open Text Analysis with closed sources](https://osf.io/5u3t4/)
- [Sample project development sprint](https://osf.io/6je3k/) (focused consultation and work session with each cohort member)
### 3. Assessing