<p>This is a data project to facilitate collecting documents and data on Habitat Conservation Plans authorized under section 10(a)(1)(b) of the U.S. Endangered Species Act.</p>
<h3>1. Find the folder corresponding to your HCP in <em>Google Drive: HCP_collection</em></h3>
<p>Either use the Filter to try to find some part of the HCP name:</p>
<p><img alt="Use the Filter" src="https://mfr.osf.io/export?url=https://osf.io/9wnyb/?action=download%26direct%26mode=render&initialWidth=774&childId=mfrIframe&format=1200x1200.jpeg"></p>
or use the <a href="https://osf.io/r45np/" rel="nofollow">Excel workbook</a> that links HCP names (as given in ECOS) to folder names here in OSF:</p>
<p><img alt="Use the worksheet" src="https://mfr.osf.io/export?url=https://osf.io/dp7t2/?action=download%26direct%26mode=render&initialWidth=774&childId=mfrIframe&format=1200x1200.jpeg"></p>
<h3>2. Upload HCP files to the new folder</h3>
<li>Either drag-and-drop or choose the <code>Upload</code> button from the Files section. </li>
<li>As noted in the FOIA request, all data and documents about the HCPs is ideal, but time or resource constraints may require prioritization. In that case, the order of interest in different document types is:</li>
<li>The HCP itself, the biological opinion, and the ITP(s) associated with the plan;</li>
<li>Any spatial or non-spatial data files;</li>
<li>Please <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org">contact us</a> if you have files that are too large to be uploaded or if you run into other issues.</li>
<p>We have created one folder for all of the 1,256 HCPs we could find information through the HCP portal and from species' pages on ECOS.
- Folders are named with the planID used in ECOS, followed by '-', then up to the first 25 characters of the name of the HCP.
- We removed or replaced certain characters in the file names, e.g., '&' were removed and '#' were replaced with 'no'.
- The Excel workbook also includes the URL for the HCP's page on ECOS; you can visit that page for info that might help finding the folder here on OSF.
- If the folder simply doesn't exist, please:
- create a new folder named <code>9999-<short_name></code>, where the <code><short_name></code> is a very brief descriptive name for the HCP;
- Upload HCP files as noted above; and
- Please add a short note in the folder that gives the full name of the HCP and your contact information.</p>
<h2>Questions / Issues</h2>
<p>If you have any questions about how to add files, or if you run into any problems, please <a href="mailto:email@example.com">email us</a>.</p>