This project contains all data files and scripts for our publication ["Perceived Biological and Social Characteristics of a Representative Set of German First Names"].
Goal of this project is to provide an up to date norm of 2000 German first names. The names and their ratings may be used when constructing experiments in which names are used. Names may be selected based on associated sex, age, origin (German/Foreign), etc. (see our publication for details).
Where to start:
- If you are familiar with R, you can download the package from [github]. For convenience a copy of the latest version of the package is also provided in the component [R-Package]
- All filtered data files are provided in the component [Collected Measurements] in the directory "Cleaned Data". Have a look at the [Data_Dictionary.ods] file for an explanation of the content.
- Raw collected data files can be found in the [Collected Measurements] components in the directory "Raw Data".
- The source codes for the analysis are provided in the [Analysis Software] component. You can download these files to get a complete replication of the analysis described in our publication.
- The original software used for the survey is provided under [Collected Measurements -> oTree App: Name survey]. This app is provided under a MIT open source licence and can be used to collect updated ratings (please cite!).
If you decide to use any of these files in your research please make sure to cite our publication as
Nett, T., Dorrough, A., Jekel, M., & Glöckner, A. (2019). Perceived Biological and Social Characteristics of a Representative Set of German First Names. *Social Psychology*, 1–18. https://doi.org/10.1027/1864-9335/a000383