1. Provide participants with background on the rationale for pre-registration.
2. Detail major issues in pre-registration of secondary data, with a focus on features of datasets and analyses common to developmental research.
3. Familiarize attendees with tools available to assist with development of pre-registration plans (e.g., the Open Science Framework, pre-registration templates).
The workshop consisted of three broad components:
1. A brief presentation of key issues regarding pre-registration of secondary, developmental data.
2. A small group activity in which participants work with a sample study to help identify the wide range of decisions involved in constructing and analyzing data. This exercise will make attendees more aware of the issue relevant to preregistration.
3. A large group discussion focusing on the methodological and analytic decisions identified during the small group activity.