This OSF page contains the replication material for the paper "The Impact of Electronic Media Use on Well-Being: A longitudinal analysis of adolescents across nine years".
The data used to test the hypotheses and answers the research question originate from the German Family Panel Study (Brüderl et al., 2016; Huinink et al., 2011). More information and potential access to the data are provided here: https://www.pairfam.de/en/
The material published on this page includes:
- The R Code to run the analyses (analysis.r)
- The output generated by these analyses (analysis.html)
- An additional syntax that contains customized functions used in the analysis
- A folder called data (empty as the data has to be downloaded from pairfam.de)
<h3>How to reproduce the results</h3>
The results reported in the paper can be reproduced using the following steps.
1. Download all files and folders into ONE folder on your local hard drive.
2. Get access to the data and put all nine waves as .sav-files into the data folder.
3. Open the analysis.r file with RStudio
4. Make sure all packages used in the analysis are installed (type <code>install.packages("package name")</code>) in to the console
5. Type <code>knit()</code> into the console
- Brüderl, J., Hank, K., Huinink, J., Nauck, B., Neyer, F. J., Walper, S., . . . Wilhelm, B. (2016). The German Family Panel (pairfam).
- Huinink, J., Brüderl, J., Nauck, B., Walper, S., Castiglioni, L., & Feldhaus, M. (2011). Panel Analysis of Intimate Relationships and Family Dynamics (pairfam): Conceptual framework and design. Journal of Family Research, 23(1), 77-100.