**This project contains supplemental material for our research note “The ‘replication crisis’ in the public eye: Germans’ awareness and perceptions of the (ir)reproducibility of scientific research”.**
The article has been published at: Mede, N. G., Schäfer, M. S., Ziegler, R., & Weißkopf, M. (2021). The “replication crisis” in the public eye: Germans’ awareness and perceptions of the (ir)reproducibility of scientific research. *Public Understanding of Science*, *30*(1), 91–102. https://doi.org/10.1177/0963662520954370
A preprint, which does not replicate the final version of the published article, is publicly available at https://osf.io/ctpyn/
This repository contains the following files:
- **ZA6965_fb_ENGLISH.pdf**: Questionnaire of the German Science Barometer 2018 (English translation, carried out by a professional translator from Wissenschaft im Dialog).
- **PUS_Replication-Crisis_Supplemental-Material.pdf**: Supplemental tables and figures for the original article.
- **PUS_Replication-Crisis_Syntax.R**: The R syntax we used in the analyses.
- **PUS_Replication-Crisis_Markdown.html**: An R Markdown file in HTML format that contains the R syntax we used in the analyses (including annotations) as well as tables and plots.
The survey data as well as additional materials can be accessed/requested via the [GESIS Data Archive].
- **ZA6965_fb.pdf**: Questionnaire of the German Science Barometer 2018 (in German)
- **ZA6965_cod.pdf**: Codebook with variable descriptions and frequency statistics (in German)
- **ZA6944_mb.pdf**: Methodological report (in German)
Available upon request:
- **Wissenschaftsbarometer2018_GESIS.sav**: The survey data in SPSS format. <em>Wissenschaft im Dialog (2019) ZA6965: Science Barometer 2018: Data file version 1.0.0. GESIS Data Archive, Cologne. Available at: https://doi.org/10.4232/1.13241</em>